Environment & Sustainability
At Hillview, we are taking steps to play our part in sustainable environmental improvement by:
- Recycling waste, e.g. glass, cans, plastic, papers, etc.
- Composting garden waste.
- Saving any food waste & distributing to the hens.
- Requesting guests to indicate to us if they need towels replaced each day by leaving them on the floor of the shower tray — alternatively if they do need to be replaced please leave them on the towel rail in the bathroom.
- Using & promoting local produce where possible.
- Using CFL bulbs.
- Providing advice on local routes for walking, angling & cycling.
- Waste & recycling bins available
- Recycle old clothes to local school cash for cobbler helps raise funds for the school
- Encouraging guests to turn off lights when leaving the premises.
- Adjusting radiator valves to suit (avoid having the heating on & windows open)
As a family-friendly B&B in a rural location, we strive daily to protect & nuture our natural environment. We care about the world & what we will pass on to our children.