Codes in Action
- Respect Farmland & the rural environment.
- Do not interfere with the livestock, crops, machinery or other property.
- Guard against all risks of fire, especially near forests & during dry spells.
- Leave all farm gates as you find them.
- Always keep Children under close control & supervision.
- Avoid entering farmland containing livestock. Your presence can cause stress to the livestock & even endanger your own safety.
- Do not enter the farmland with dogs, even if on a leash, unless permission has been obtained from the landowner.
- Always keep Gates,Stiles or other recognised access points closed & avoid damage to the fences, hedges & walls.
- Take all litter home.
- Take special care on country roads.
- Avoid making unnecessary noise.
- Protect wildlife, plants & trees.
- Take heed of warning signs – as they are there for your protection.